We are Avida – a retail experience company. Through strategy, design, and technology solutions we enable brands and retailers to deliver in-store digital experiences that engage the senses, the mind, and the heart.
We are seeking a full-time Junior Graphic & Motion Designer to join our growing creative team.
To be successful in this role you will need to be technically proficient, an avid learner, proactive problem solver, and possess a strong work ethic and natural sense of curiosity. Your portfolio will showcase your graphic and motion design skills, attention to detail, and conceptual thinking.
This position is an entry-level role and will best suit a recent grad or designer with less than 2 years working experience.
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions and concept development for a wide range of visual media projects such as promos, brand spots, and interactive applications
- Prepare sketches, mock-ups, storyboards, style frames, and animatics
- Design and animate layouts and graphic elements at a high level of production quality
- Edit photos, video, and vector illustrations
- Design within existing brand guidelines, asset libraries, and templates
- Follow established operational and workflow processes, and provide suggestions for efficiency
- Deliver multiple projects within agreed timelines
- Model Avida’s core values during all interactions with colleagues, clients, and external partners
- Be a champion for design, and for the end-customer
- Bachelor degree/college diploma in relevant design/animation/arts discipline or equivalent portfolio
- Proficient with Adobe CC (particularly After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, Media Encoder)
- Online portfolio and/or video reel
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
- A good understanding of visual design fundamentals
- A good understanding of video rendering
- Comfortable working in a Windows environment and with MS Office
Great to have
- An interest in interaction design, 3D, and AR
- Experience working within a team
- Experience working with a senior designer and/or art/creative director
- Experience working with project management software
- A love for film, animation, photography, gaming, digital media arts and installations
- Sketching skills
What we offer
- Strategy and innovation-focused company facing rapid growth
- Inclusive and engaging team atmosphere, with supportive and collaborative mentality
- Competitive compensation, with opportunities for advancement
This position currently requires minimum in-person attendance of 2 days per week (Tuesday & Wednesday) at our head office located in West Toronto (10 minute walk from Islington station). The remaining 3 week days can be worked remotely if you have an adequate personal home setup.
The above are not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties, responsibilities and requirements of the job described. Rather, they are intended to describe the general nature of the job.
Avida is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please let us know in advance.
As an equal opportunity employer, we would like to thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Appply for this position
Send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio website link to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application: Junior Graphic & Motion Designer in the email subject line.
Please indicate how you found out about the job posting in the body of your email.